Apple may be looking to cut iPhone X costs in 2018
October 19, 2017
The rumor mill has it that Apple is looking to cut iPhone X costs for consumers in 2018 models including many, if not all iPhone X technologies in new models with rumored code names "Lisbon" and "Hangzhou." This price decrease is said to be directed at the Chinese market but is expected to be seen elsewhere. If these code names are accurate, it would be the first time Apple has considered using a city name for their iPhones, which generally have alphanumeric code names. The iPhone 8 is said to be called Ferrari.
Apple iPhone X pre-orders are still scheduled to begin October 27th with the first shipments scheduled to arrive on Nov 3rd.
One of 1st-known Android DDoS malware infects phones in 100 countries
August 28, 2017
Last year, a series of record-setting attacks hitting sites including KrebsOnSecurity and a French Web host underscored a new threat that had previously gone overlooked: millions of Internet-connected digital video recorders and similar devices that could easily be wrangled into botnets that challenged the resources of even large security services.
Countable - Contact Congress and Vote on Bills
August 11, 2017
Todayís political world is rift with conflicting views about some of the most controversial issues including the affects of climate change on our environment, energy policies, the governmentís role in funding science initiatives, food safety, drug abuse, healthcare and education. Countable allows you to view upcoming bills, vote on them with one tap voting, and then see how your representatives vote on those issues. One reviewer said the following about Countable:
Countable excels in global awareness, critical thinking & problem solving, communication, social/cross-cultural skills, leadership & responsibility, and civic/information/media literacies. It is truly the most impressive app when considering just 21st century skills.
Some Countable features are as follows:
- Easily call your representatives with a built-in menu with their phone numbers.
- 3D Touch app icon for quick representative listing.
- Send video messages to your representatives and to the President using your camera on your phone.
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes, short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation and unbiased discussion for and against.
- Do your representativeís votes align with yours? Post an opinion or vote; Posts will reach your lawmakers and don't be surprised if you receive a reply.
- Community support.
- See what your community is saying about issues; up vote their opinions (much like on Reddit).